Author Topic: Legasy league  (Read 832 times)

Bogeyman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Legasy league
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
I'm fairly new to Disk Golf and I want to join a local league, having said that I'm busy weekday evenings and was looking to get experience and meet new people. I'm looking at Legasy Friday nights and was wondering the details about it. I hear its doubles (not really clear on how that works) and I was curious how a novice player like myself would fair in a non rec league. I would love to play players better than me but at the same time I don't wanna get killed out there. Any details would be appreciated...thanks for your time!
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NLT)

Mick

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Legasy league
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »
Thursday at 6 is a beginners league at Pleasant Hill that does not cost to play. There are some good players out there. League play is also there on Sunday at 12:30..

I'm not very good so I know what you mean, good luck..

Mick
Who ever said it was easy ,never met me.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:02:01 PM »
I'm fairly new to Disk Golf and I want to join a local league, having said that I'm busy weekday evenings and was looking to get experience and meet new people. I'm looking at Legasy Friday nights and was wondering the details about it. I hear its doubles (not really clear on how that works) and I was curious how a novice player like myself would fair in a non rec league. I would love to play players better than me but at the same time I don't wanna get killed out there. Any details would be appreciated...thanks for your time!

Both Legacy (on fri) and Pleasant Hill (sun) leagues are random draw doubles.  Meaning you will draw for a partner (at least once, right Kelly  ;)) and then it's best shot doubles, take the best shots between you and your partner.  There will be some really strong players out there but there are several guys that are in a similar situation and new to the game and competing in leagues.  The most important thing to remember is to have fun and try not to drag your partner down.  Last time I played Legacy league, my partner and I won, but we probably used 17/18 of my putts and 16/18 of my drives.  My partner still helped us win, by either laying up so I could run it and he had 2 park jobs on some of the shorter holes.  If you want to get better, meet some new people, and have fun you need to get out there.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »
Hey bogeyman, welcome to the club . The rules are just what Eric said. If you want to come out this Friday we would love to have you. Just let me know sho you are & ill make sure you don't get the cali...doubles is a good way to meet people. Their is a group of guys playing at 1pm this Fri who play singles for club  tags & what not which is pretty cool.Then at 6 pm we will draw for random doubles . Somewhere in between their will be Blvd wheat , yeungling , root beer, burgers & dogs . Before we draw cards there will $6 ctp to see if anyone can earn their  money before they start. Let me know if you have any questions .
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

Bogeyman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 05:25:38 AM »
I will be there, my name is Kel Davis
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NLT)

Bogeyman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 05:28:55 AM »
Does the burgers and such cost?

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »
Kel. Friday Traveling League is the group playing at 1pm.  We welcome newbies. No cost to play.  $1 ace fund and usually 25cent skins are always optional.
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

Bogeyman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »
I would love to but i dont get off of work until 1:30 pm
I couldnt even be out there till 2:30

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 07:33:57 AM »
That is great Kel , if I don't play with FTL I will be there by 4pm to start grilling . The beer & food are free while they last.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 08:01:24 AM »

Both Legacy (on fri) and Pleasant Hill (sun) leagues are random draw doubles.  Meaning you will draw for a partner (at least once, right Kelly  ;)) and then it's best shot doubles, take the best shots between you and your partner.  There will be some really strong players out there but there are several guys that are in a similar situation and new to the game and competing in leagues.  The most important thing to remember is to have fun and try not to drag your partner down.  Last time I played Legacy league, my partner and I won, but we probably used 17/18 of my putts and 16/18 of my drives.  My partner still helped us win, by either laying up so I could run it and he had 2 park jobs on some of the shorter holes.  If you want to get better, meet some new people, and have fun you need to get out there.

I believe you tied for the win there Eric...  ;)
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Bogeyman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »
That is great Kel , if I don't play with FTL I will be there by 4pm to start grilling . The beer & food are free while they last.

Thanks!

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »

I believe you tied for the win there Eric...  ;)

Oh Schnappp!!! Thigh curling contest to settle it.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 09:22:29 AM »
You are right.  We tied.  Still first though.  Not the point I was trying to make.   Thigh curl contest it is!  Followed by a one-legged ass kicking contest.  Jordan can even use his good leg. 

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
You are right.  We tied.  Still first though.  Not the point I was trying to make.   Thigh curl contest it is!  Followed by a one-legged ass kicking contest.  Jordan can even use his good leg.

You know I just had to give you trouble Eric.  I don't exactly have a "good" leg either - ACL torn on one, leg broke on the other.  I guess I lose this contest...
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Bogeyman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »
Good to see friendy teasing going on, forums are usually a buncha insults and threats...