Author Topic: 8-2-13 Dubs  (Read 804 times)

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
8-2-13 Dubs
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »
I have a question / need some opinions. I just received a text from a gentleman who is getting married at Legacy Park on Friday 8-2-13 & was asking for some help. He said he is wanting to set up the wedding chairs & such right around 11 shorts basket to 12's shorter fairway & was wondering if we can/would help out to allow him to have room for his wedding. He said it starts at 7:30 , so it will be during prime league time...I was wondering what our Friday night leaguers thought about this ? I was thinking maybe skip holes 11 & 12 & come up with some safari holes on the front 9. He seemed to want us to not play hole 10 either because his bride wants to walk down there from Coneflower he said but I think that is a hell of a walk from 9 to 13....Any way i'd like to help if I can but also don't want people getting so pissed off or having sour attitudes  ;)

So what say you Legacy Leagers???
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:13:00 PM by Kelly Markum »
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 8-2-13 Dubs
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
It's his wedding - surely we can accomodate.  There are definitely other options with the course from a safari standpoint that would allow you to skip 10-12. 
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »
I would think it would be pretty sweet to mix it up a bit & throw some different holes my self. What about the fri night casuals though???

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »
I would think it would be pretty sweet to mix it up a bit & throw some different holes my self. What about the fri night casuals though???

Just put cones up on the teepad or something - maybe even a paper on the tee sign?  Surely they've coordinated this with LSPR, so they could probably provide the cones to exclude holes 10-12 from play.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »

Just put cones up on the teepad or something - maybe even a paper on the tee sign?  Surely they've coordinated this with LSPR, so they could probably provide the cones to exclude holes 10-12 from play.

If I had to bet I would say they haven't...I don't think the Parks dept would allow them to set it up on the course, just the shelter house area you know.

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
From our meeting with LSPR, we agreed that if someone has rented out the big shelter, they pretty much have rights to the whole area and not just the shelter. Out of courtesy. You might ask Eric if Scott said anything to him about the course being closed that night.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »
I verified with Scott, course is not closed.  I would try my best not to interupt the wedding. 

Now here are my suggestions.  I'm assuming that the baskets haven't been moved.  If #3 is still in short position, Bring another basket and place it near the long position of #3, maybe a little longer and to the left to bring the OB road into play.  And tee off to the left of #3 basket and further towards hedges.  You could bring another basket and add your 7A hole that we were talking about the other day.  You could also, adjust the tee for #10 and go further up coneflower and tee off from the road to the #10's basket.  You might want to confirm with the groom where she wants to walk from so that you can avoid it.  Then you go up to running trail (behind #11's tee box) and tee off towards #12.  And then play everything else as normal.  That's actually 19 holes.  You could skip both 10 and 11 altogether and just go to running trail and play to 12.  Lots of options.   Another idea is to play 1 tee to practice basket, and then tee off of the running trail towards regular #1 basket.   

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
If people don't mind I would like to stay away from 10, 11, & 12 & just give them their wedding space. I like the idea making whole 3 into 2 holes just for flow of the game reasons & LOVE the idea of 7A. What do you think of making a hole from 8's tee pad to 9's basket??? It's very picturesque if you ask me.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »
If people don't mind I would like to stay away from 10, 11, & 12 & just give them their wedding space. I like the idea making whole 3 into 2 holes just for flow of the game reasons & LOVE the idea of 7A. What do you think of making a hole from 8's tee pad to 9's basket??? It's very picturesque if you ask me.

And a par 4 or even 5 - for most
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »

And a par 4 or even 5 - for most

If I got in in four i'd be pretty happy. Although if we are already needing to come up with 3 other holes maybe it would be best to do that another time.  We gotta do 7A though!!!

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »
Sounds lame... one time hef and i were out there and a wedding was being setup at one of the shelters...sarcastically james said"wheres the reception, shelter B?" sadly it was.

Outdoor august wedding...and you want to help them setup chairs??? Did you talk them into a bounce house kelly?
putt, putt, give.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
So it looks like we might have a shot for tonight. If it is pouring I won't be out there but if it is just damp outside league is on . Sorry for being lame matty , no bounce house though . If there wedding thing is a no go we will play the regular course. If not holes 11 & 12 will be closed & we will play 2 safari holes I mowed yesterday .  I'll prob update again around 4-5 with what the weather is doing

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 10:41:06 AM »
I meant the wedding sounds lame. actually quite fond of you kelly...not sure if its your laugh or the way you look at me when you take off your sunglasses or you yeunglings? Probably a combination of things...whatever
putt, putt, give.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
So the way I look at you has been paying off...SWEEETTT!!!

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
So I cant find my scorecards from last week but there was 10 who showed , 9 in the ace fund

Jake B & Lori K took 1st with a 44

Dalton Puckhammer & Paul Nesmith grabbed 2nd with a 46

Bruce & Sam shot a 49

Hippie & Gary shot a 52

Brian Palmer & myself took 1st for the best looking team there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:39:48 PM by Kelly Markum »