Author Topic: Spotters needed for Saturdays Midwest Am Championship  (Read 367 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Spotters needed for Saturdays Midwest Am Championship
« on: July 29, 2013, 05:58:29 PM »
Anyone interested in spotting at Water Works or Rosedale for one round or two rounds please contact Pete @ 913-706-9470 and text me when your available and be sure to include your name in the text.
Thank you!
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

bMathews

• Am Poster
  • Positive is how I live
    • View Profile
Re: Spotters needed for Saturdays Midwest Am Championship
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »
Pete,

I wasn't at Rosie league last night, but I will be there Saturday bright and early. @ 7:00.  I can either help with any of the morning set up or I will just get a round in before 8:30.

Let me know what else I can do to help.

PS, do you have any idea what hole I'll be on? Just curious...
RHBH | 11yrs
PDGA# 59297 - 889 rated
2014 KCFDC Tag #54→182→110→6→202→39→50→39→50→169
2014 DD Tag #91→130→8→7→146→71

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
you really could be on any hole you want.  Hole #10 is a good one as it always seems to have backups since it is blind around the corner.
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
Personal opinion on spotters need: (in order of priority)

Rosedale:
10-this is to spot and keep cards moving at 11 (Remember the HIGHER card has the right away, let them tee first)
7 & 15-toss up but errant shots dictate this
not a lot else out there on this set up....some people may need #8 as well, it can get gnarly off to the right if you go there.....possibly #1 could use some help as well if available

Waterworks:
6-after groups pass the star it is ok to tee off, keep it moving
3-4-5-any of these holes to keep things moving, off to the left stinks.....
nothing else out there warrants it really in the current set up....

I would like to thank in advance anyone that takes the time to spot and help out for the event.  You make it so much better on every event!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 08:12:55 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »
WW - I don't know Jack, some of us may want to attempt the uphill turnover on 6 if our play deems it necessary/possible.  It's not "inconeivable."  Also, rollers that get away on 12 may be a good place for a spotter.  Once it gets over the hill it's hard telling where it would end up.  I would say a spotter on 17 as well to mark where it went OB would be good.  Surely there will be players going OB on that hole. 

Rosey - several holes get nasty if you turn it over (or hyzer early for lefty).  I guess spotters will be placed depending on how many show up. 

Agree with Jack, thanks in advance for those that do!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »
Agree on that, with #6 though with a spotter they can tell if you are going that way and let the card in front know its coming, so hence the reasoning for a spotter.  Spotters can keep things moving, and most groups won't have people trying that shot...some will, and some can get there, if they feel that way, and know that they can, they typically will wait as well though....you know who you are, and you aren't playing on my card this weekend! ;D

I can see #12, but since it is up to the right not left.....card on #13 may be able to help as well.....I would see this as a place where if you had enough people, yeah hey go out to #12, otherwise I would send them to 3-4-5 first personally.....with 3 & 5 being the top 2 there since 4 is short....

As for #17, unless that spotter is a certified official, they shouldn't be deciding where OB is, that is a group decision.  Spotters do not decide where the OB is, the group does.  Only an official could make a call so don't use the spotters decision to make the ruling.  You can use it as input as a group, but ultimately group decision.

Rosedale could really use spotters on every hole except maybe 6....11?.....12.....17....so if we could get 14 of you spotting types out there, it will go much better for us all!   ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
hole 14 at WW just in case you throw a "annie" look out  for 15 tee pad,and you can look at 16 as well............just sit on 15's bench

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 09:43:08 AM »
hole 14 at WW just in case you throw a "annie" look out  for 15 tee pad,and you can look at 16 as well............just sit on 15's bench
done that...been over the road looking like I threw from #16 more than once.....thanks for the reminder to not throw ANNY!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

BenC

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »

Any body need some advice on spotting those holes, this is the guy.  Outstanding job at Wide Open the last two years.