Author Topic: 2013 Tree Love Classic 9/14  (Read 4194 times)

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Tree Love Classic 9/14
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2013, 07:03:26 PM »
I thought pace of play was fine too.. Tourney golf is as much mental as it is Physical, If not more...

It's definitely a different style of Golf Keiser, and I sincerely believe there's a learning curve to Event golf. Tournaments are a process, That's my favorite thing about it, It's a process from start to finish...

I watch some people get stronger and some people get weaker during "Slower play". It's not always the funnest part of tourneys, but its the nature of the beast and time to  learn about yourself and your game...

I suggest, play an event with minimal commitments to follow...I bet you play better

Thanks Drew and Scott, those layouts where fun and challenging...

Plus after playing 2 tough rounds... i say that place has enough DAMN TREES!!!!!  ;D ;D
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2013, 07:41:17 PM »
Thanks jamie for the reminder to loose some beer fat . . .  :o :-[
(hoping some of that was the swollen back . . . ) :'(
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »
Anybody got any Ritalin pills for sale?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2013, 06:01:37 AM »
I'm sure you're doctor has been waiting for years, for you to ask him for a prescription.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2013, 08:15:49 AM »
West Siiiide!!!

Joe, did you get the spot in USDGC performance flight?  If you can swing it, you should go, for sure.  I'd sponsor you if that'll help.

Tracy,
I appreciate the offer to help, but I got too many commitments coming up and not enough vacation days left to take off for that long, and my rating is too high now to do any damage on the Performance side anyway.

I will go to USDGC someday, when I EARN my spot to play on the OPEN(Money) side ;)

Thanks again to Drew and Scott for running a smooth tourney and helping to raise money for trees.  I had a great time golfing with everybody.  I thought the rounds went rather quick...but that may have been cause I wasn't hitting every tree out there, Keizer ;)  When I'm playing bad, I like to complain about the slow pace as well. 

The only thing I would have changed would have been the 2 hour lunch break for me, but I guess people finished the first round a lot later than me.  I would prefer if every tourney did a half hour lunch break, (bring a sandwich), but that's just me.  I'm sure Jack enjoyed the extra party time over lunch :o
Joe Hesting

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2013, 08:20:43 AM »
half hour for lunch sounds like the best way to save time especially when you play the same course.
espouse elucidation

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »
Another idea, on same course tourneys.  Call up a couple food trucks to come out, half hour lunch, boom, back on the course.
Joe Hesting

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »
Or have lunch built in to registration as is the case with one event happening this weekend.  ;D

Congrats to Joe and all who played.

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »
Or have lunch built in to registration as is the case with one event happening this weekend.  ;D

I wished more tournaments did this.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
Support local businesses....more time for lunch.  Especially one day events.  I enjoyed it.  I haven't gone back to Pittsburg because of the short lunch a couple years ago.  Too much stress on time.  You travel to a town, enjoy a little lunch, hopefully dinner as well.....but that is me.....

And Jason McEwen did hit the light pole on #12, thus the trees talked the metal into getting in the way.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2013, 08:03:20 PM »
Anybody got any Ritalin pills for sale?

Yes
PDGA# 51376

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »
Support local businesses....more time for lunch.  Especially one day events.  I enjoyed it.  I haven't gone back to Pittsburg because of the short lunch a couple years ago.  Too much stress on time. 

cause you only had enough time for 8 beers?  ;D
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:32 PM »
i believe the pdga minimum is 1 hr after the last card came in so joe, u were looking at 1.5 hrs minimum.

while i can appreciate the stance jack is taking as far as supporting local businesses (i'm sure he has an estimate as to how much ntdf money he has had granted thru the years), i dont necessarily agree in this instance. more prevalent in 2 day tourneys.  it seemed as i was looking around at lunch, most of the people who traveled had brought their lunch.  i remember when i first started playing tourneys, 1 day pdga's were rare.  i've given 1.5 hrs after last card all 3 yrs mainly because there's not alot of choices close to CD and not alot of locals even that familiar with the area.  i would be more than willing to start 2nd round 30 mins earlier next year.  i was ready to tee at 2.  thanks for the feedback joe.  anyone else have opinions?

i love the food truck idea as someone who is pretty much stuck there thru lunch.  i thought keizer had a food truck lined up to come by last yr or the yr before, but i never saw one.  i dont know any personally but would need some kind of guarantee of arrival before advertising.  with disc golfers being notoriously bad at pre-registering, i dont see how i can give them a guaranteed head count to warrant their time.  prove me wrong next year and i'll pay for famous frank in 2015 myself.

jack, i was talking about the light pole on the ctp, not hole 12.  this is the first yr i believe no-one hit it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:08:43 AM by twoDornottwoD »
Drew D Neitzel

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2013, 08:17:39 AM »
Tank, you sure he only had 8? ;D :D

i love the food truck idea as someone who is pretty much stuck there thru lunch.  i thought keizer had a food truck lined up to come by last yr or the yr before, but i never saw one.

Yep, tried to get La Carreta out there but they never showed. Honestly, it was a last minute thing and I'm not sure they took me seriously since I didn't have any literature or anything to give them.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2013, 09:59:21 AM »
i believe the pdga minimum is 1 hr after the last card came in so joe, u were looking at 1.5 hrs minimum.

There is actually no set standard established by the PDGA for the length of the break between rounds. I've seen tourneys that had thirty minute breaks with food made available as people turned their cards in and tourneys with two hour+ breaks because the last card took so long to come in. It's completely up to the TD. The PDGA does not mention it in the Competition Manual. The expectation by most is that there should be a minimum of one hour after the last card comes in but there is no rule. I've been b%tched out about this by people that got less than an hour at events I've TD'd and I got upset with a TD once myself when he allowed only thirty minutes after the last card and I later apologized upon discovering that there indeed is no set rule. He was under no obligation to give people more time, especially since the tourney had provided lunch that was available as the cards were turned in.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org