Author Topic: 2013 Tree Love Classic 9/14  (Read 5206 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Tree Love Classic 9/14
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »
You could step up to Masters....oh wait.....there is no Masters group.

Tom...there could be..You and I, now we just need one more.....Danger?

Well, I'm still on the fence.  Might just hold off for Mighty Shunga next weekend.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2013, 11:51:39 AM »
I am giving away my USDGC spot at this event this weekend.  Job is crazy, and just don't have the time to commit to going this time of year.  My loss can be your gain.  Sign up NOW!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
Any player participating in the Tree Love Classic with the overall lowest score has the ability to qualify for the 2013 United States Disc Golf Championship Performance Flight.  The USDGC is held at Rock Hill, South Carolina Oct 2-5th, 2013.  You have to establish your intent to qualify for the spot, prior to the first round of the TLC.  The winner of the USDGC spot would have to register very quick as the cutoff is quickly approaching.

Jack did i miss anything on this?
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »
Any player participating in the Tree Love Classic with the overall lowest score has the ability to qualify for the 2013 United States Disc Golf Championship Performance Flight.  The USDGC is held at Rock Hill, South Carolina Oct 2-5th, 2013.  You have to establish your intent to qualify for the spot, prior to the first round of the TLC.  The winner of the USDGC spot would have to register very quick as the cutoff is quickly approaching.

There goes my chance....  :P
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »

Seriously Utz, LIKE button!??!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »
Just mad that I can't go.  It really looks like I am going to be out of the area for work covering the next 3-4 weeks....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2013, 07:37:12 AM »
Wow, Jack, very cool of you bro! 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2013, 02:59:34 PM »
fyi, if u played cliff before 11 am this morning, baskets 2 and 4 were not in their correct 1st round positions.  the course is now set for tomorrow's morning round.
Drew D Neitzel

spnachio

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »
Good times. Cliff Dr is one of our best courses. Nice job Drew, Jack, Hyzer, Ron, Scott and all who made it happen. Nice shooting Andy and sweet second round score(62) outta Mike Petrin.   

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2013, 10:44:47 AM »

espouse elucidation

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
Great weather and good times, although I was unable to overcome the disappointment I felt upon realizing that #13 would be in the long long long long long long long long long long long setting for both rounds... >:( :-[ :'( >:(

As much as I love this sport, I'd like it better if tournament play wasn't at such a slow and grueling pace. The first round started sometime after 9am, and I left after 4pm with half the second round still to play. Just seems like the sh1t wears on for far too long for only 36 holes of disc golf. I don't know how you all can stand it to be so slow! ;D

Anyway, enough whining and b%tching out of me for now. Sure seemed like this was the most successful TLC yet and it appears to only be getting better. Thanks to Drew for spearheading this and to DD for their flawless logistical execution, once again. And also thank God for the lovely weather and for the trees we still have left on the back 9. 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »
I agree on pace of play, but someone has to be eeyore according to aa milne, so go find a honey pot to stick your face in. for next year in lieu of blasting a car horn to start, some one should plant a tree while the field attempts a precision silent start
espouse elucidation

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »
Tree Love Classic 2013 Recap:
Thank you to everyone who came out, hung out, played, visited, donated, traveled, wore green, and showed the trees some love.  It was awesome, my favorite Tree Love Classic yet.  Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.  Final amount raised will be sorted out and announced Tuesday.
Congratulations to all of our winners, Joe Hesting, Heath Kinton, Gary “G$” Harvey, “Steeler” Doug Kroll, Greg Mattoon, Brenda Lowe, and Javen Bowie.  Nice shooting on a tough course everybody.
Special shout out to Scott Reek, who did WAY more work than he was supposed to, and won the Silent Auction with an $80 donation to the Cliff Drive Tree Fund.  Also, Ron Klein-Mo for his help, spotting, CTP donation, and judging.
Demian Vela won the Star Rancho Roc CTP.  G$ Won the Green CTP for a $15 Gift Certificate to Dynamic Discs – Kansas City.  I believe no-one was rejected by the light pole this year.
Mike Keizer’s 48 bounty was pretty safe with a couple of 52’s in the afternoon being closest.  The entire $100 donation was appreciated.  I was rooting for someone to claim half of it, but the wind and the trees were not.
Simultaneous sorry and congratulations to Suzie Zell for being the first person ever at the TLC to be stuck in a tree above two meters.  Actually she was above 10m, but who’s counting.
Thank you all again.  We’ll do it up even bigger and better next year.  See you all then. 
Drew
Drew D Neitzel

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »
Actually, I thought the pace of play was pretty good.  2hrs 50 mins for 1st card in 1st round.  2.5 hours 2nd round on two pretty tough set ups with wind and considerable cliffs and ob.  that's considerably better than any tournament i've played this year.  just part of pdga play.

sorry about 13 keizer.  its just the short pin, 90% of the field gets a three.  with the loss of trees there, its a waste of time to play that hole when you are trying to identify a Tree Love Champion!  and, if you gotta walk that way to the 14th tee, your bag might as well be 1 disc lighter.  8)

Drew D Neitzel

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »
Mike K, they make Ritalin or Adderall  to help with staying focused.   That might be the key for all us that suffer from ADD and slow play. 

If you are used to fast rounds of causal golf, tourney golf can really mess with you.   Some folks your thinking, "come on man, you know what shot you got there... just throw that easy approach ."  Do you really need all that time to think about it?