Author Topic: New park in Lees Summit in planning stages for disc golf  (Read 1336 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
New park in Lees Summit in planning stages for disc golf
« on: September 10, 2006, 04:03:38 PM »
I read in the paper earlier this week about a memorial park for a firefighter that will include a disc golf course and am curious if there are any people on this site that live near that area. I would like us to get involved in the planning of the layout. My guess is get in touch with parks and rec and go to the city council meetings to find out where the park is being planned and if we can get involved in some way.
Steven Disc Glover

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New park in Lees Summit in planning stages for disc golf
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 02:29:36 AM »
Quote from: "discglover"
I read in the paper earlier this week about a memorial park for a firefighter that will include a disc golf course and am curious if there are any people on this site that live near that area. I would like us to get involved in the planning of the layout. My guess is get in touch with parks and rec and go to the city council meetings to find out where the park is being planned and if we can get involved in some way.

What paper?

Foster Paulette was the guy at Lee's Summit Parks & Recreation we talked to about 5 or 6 years ago when the Bowlin Rd. course didn't end up going in because of the dam master at Blue Springs Lake.  Have no idea if Foster's still there or not.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 07:24:39 PM »
I live in Lees Summit and havent heard of any disc courses going in.. Im wanting to see about maybe getting one put in out at the new Legacy Park though.. Trying to get all my paperwork squared away before I present it to anyone. Where is the above park you mentinoned located?

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 09:19:46 PM »
the park you're asking about is called pottberg park...it's a part of blue springs lake actually, just west of 291, across from lakewood

legacy would be great for a disc course though wouldn't it? i live in lee's summit too; that park is huge.

bp

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
pottberg
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 07:57:27 PM »
is pottberg the park w/an outdoor roller hockey rink? if so, i'm just a stone's throw away from there(get there w/a disc in 8). there's the rink a playground and a soccer field. i actually lost a disc in the woods there practicing; but thats what there's a lot of-woods. there are some hiking/jogging trails through there. not sure what it looks like back there, mainly b/c the 2 activities described aren't my faves. sounds to good to be true; but i never mind being lead on. if anyone has info or wants to brainstorm.
  matt hays 816-590-6360
putt, putt, give.

going-long

Lees Summit
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 11:50:30 PM »
Well I have posted this earlier and I guess nobody ever reads my posting. I have been in contact with Steve Casey who is with  the Park and Rec. Plans for the Disc Course and construction of the course will begin in 2007 Summer. He is looking for people to help out. You can reply to this message leaving your name and number and I will relay the message to him. Pottberg park is off of Bowlin going east road in Lakewood. It is a decent size park. There is a big sign saying Pottberg park when you take your frst left off of Bowlin rd. I will be part of the designing and etc.....

Narin Clouse

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Pottberg
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 05:31:20 PM »
Narin, I stopped by there last week.
I would like to see what you might be thinking.

I will be in the area on Thursday afternoons for my son's driving lessons.
from  1-3.

Jim
Cell: 913-915-2760
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pottberg
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 12:12:40 AM »
Quote from: "slimneal"
Narin, I stopped by there last week.
I would like to see what you might be thinking.

I will be in the area on Thursday afternoons for my son's driving lessons.
from  1-3.

Jim
Cell: 913-915-2760

I'm in to help whenever.  Love to take a look at the place again.

John Chapman
cel: 816-547-6148
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.