Author Topic: Ball and Chain League  (Read 819 times)

bdnorris112

• Am Poster
  • Every PUTT Every TIME
    • View Profile
Ball and Chain League
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
This is for all of the married guys that do not get a chance to get out and play very often. I am looking for some guys that would want to play a traveling league on Fridays around 6pm. I am thinking that the course will probably change every week. Anyone that would be interested in playing in that league please let me know. If I get enough people that are interested we can even start this week. You can call or text me at 816-778-1031

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ball and Chain League
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:49:20 AM »
Why would a guy marry a gal who won't let him play disc golf? ???
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »
Good question.  I just got married and am playing more than I was playing before I got married.  Wonder how that came to be  :o
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »
oh jordan... you are still in the honeymoon stage.  enjoy your time without kids, cause once they come then your life really changes.   disc golf, what is that ????

Being married is really no different than having a serious girlfriend.  this league should be for guys with kids. i used to get the free pass on 8 hour work days in the summer or  weekend to work on courses, now i have to schedule around feedings, naps, my list of things to do, wife's list of things to do, etc. 

i like the idea of this league.  Pete Engleman and his crew play very early every Sat mornings for this reason.  A lot of the older guys that play on Saturdays have families and busy weekends.  i do however like the later start time.  seems more bachelor than ball and chain. 

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »
coolfx = 6a>12x6p
6am is 12x cooler than 6pm
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:25:39 PM by jamidanger »
espouse elucidation

bdnorris112

• Am Poster
  • Every PUTT Every TIME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »
Well I am trying to get out of the whole 6 am thing. my daughter is only 2 and can go with me, but my buddy that I play with the most is usually wanting to play Saturday at 6am and I am not a fan of early mornings on the weekend. So I thought everyone gets off early on Fridays so we can play right after work and get a normal not tired round in before the weekend and spend the rest of the weekend with the family

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »
When you get this put together could you post it on here each week where you are playing? 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

bdnorris112

• Am Poster
  • Every PUTT Every TIME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:56:35 PM »
Well if I can get enough people to play this week I would like to play WW on Friday. I am thinking we will do $4 league fee that goes toward the 100% payout and then we will also do a $2 ace fund on the side.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 02:11:03 PM »

Yesterday my wife asks me "What are we doing this evening?" I say, "I don't have any plans" so she says, "Why don't you take your trimmer out and trim up the back nine at the course and then play the front nine when you're done", so I say, "Good idea, I'll do that". Yeah, Tammie's cool like that. And she brought me some water. Beer would have tasted better but at that point I really needed water. So I had gin and tonic when I got home instead.

On a related note, #17 at Clover Dell is much more playable now.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:28:23 PM by Kevin Montgomery »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »
Mr. Norris, now that I think about it, and I mean no offense here, but can we change the title of the thread? Referring to our female spousal units as "ball and chain" is both misogynist and insensitive. Anyone reading this is bound to think our entire club is made up of wife beating chauvenists (sp?), which might have an adverse affect on Dynamic Discs' sponsorship endeavors.

Remember to think before you post. It's important to realize that the KC disc golf scene and the KCFDC isn't about the people and individual players, it's about Dynamic Discs and their potential tournament sponsors. Please keep this in mind when posting in the future.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 05:43:07 PM »
If this were an actual ball and chain  league the better half would be there as your partner playing. just my opinion. You can call it and do whatever you like since YOU are the one doing it.
Steven Disc Glover

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 06:17:06 PM »
I consider myself lucky.  My wife bought me a starter set three years ago for my birthday.  I have since found my new hobby and sport not to mention a great group of people who enjoy the same sport. Now I spend my early mornings when I can playing.  Not to mention sneaking out for a round in the afternoon or evening.  I tried to get my wife into it but right now it does not seem like her thing.  So, I enjoy it all by myself until the kiddos get old enough to throw with daddy.  We really are lucky in KC to have so many great tracks, people, enthusiasts, players and spectators.  To ignore all of that would be like not showering. 

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
Not to mention a great organization and great disc stores with employees who have the same passion I do.  Thanks.

bdnorris112

• Am Poster
  • Every PUTT Every TIME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »
Mike: you're cracking me up here

nailer: I agree I got into the sport because of a few friends and have since started playing a lot more than they do. I also hope that I can get my daughter into it as that will buy me more time to play. We do have a great community.

Now on a serious note I really need to know if anyone is at all interested or if i am wasting my time?

I only used ball and chain because I knew that it would be sure to attract. I have no intention of referring to my spouse as a prison 😉

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 08:41:41 PM »
Just go to Wyco Friday league. It is a really cool KCFDC league. There is also the Legacy league, which is also cool. Both are KCFDC leagues with established ACE funds and volunteer league directors.