Author Topic: I got a new name for Lakeside  (Read 879 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
I got a new name for Lakeside
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »
It ain't Birdland anymore......it's Burrland.   :P
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I got a new name for Lakeside
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »
Threw a disc into the brush on the right side of 17.  Got my disc back after looking for 10 minutes....and came out with hundreds if not thousands of burrs all over me.  Won't be throwing over there anytime soon. 

swezy

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:34:11 PM »
It ain't Birdland anymore......it's Burrland.   :P

Wow, I can confirm this!  Played there for the first time Saturday.  Took me about 2 hours to play and 2 and 1/2 hours to pick off all of the burrs! 
kcfdc #1468

pdga #57407

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 02:33:01 PM »
I gotta chime in here.....This is a NEW course, and these things will take time to eradicate.  Also with all the moisture that we have gotten this year, plantlife is reproducing at alarming rates.  I have been pulling them off me at Cliff over the last few weeks with the work that I have been doing, and it is simply a matter of time before these areas don't have as many attempts to reproduce as you would like.

This is a NEW course, it will take time to beat down to the likes of a Rosedale where over 1000 people play a week.  Once that happens, then you can complain that all the cool places that we have to play are over populated!

:P

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »
i'm sure with more play and practice the deuces will come, and then you can call it birdland proudly. burrland sounds too much like the course in Antarctica, brrrrrrrrland!
espouse elucidation

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »
I gotta chime in here.....This is a NEW course, and these things will take time to eradicate.  Also with all the moisture that we have gotten this year, plantlife is reproducing at alarming rates.  I have been pulling them off me at Cliff over the last few weeks with the work that I have been doing, and it is simply a matter of time before these areas don't have as many attempts to reproduce as you would like.

This is a NEW course, it will take time to beat down to the likes of a Rosedale where over 1000 people play a week.  Once that happens, then you can complain that all the cool places that we have to play are over populated!

:P

I wasn't complaining,  I was just offering a suggestion for other players and describing my sheer amazement at the number of burrs I collected.  In the future, instead of trying to hit the gap and risk a turnover into the brush, I will be throwing the big hyzer.

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 03:58:44 PM »
Hey Jack:  I know how to eradicate them.  Wanna hear?   8)
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »
i'm sure with more play and practice the deuces will come, and then you can call it birdland proudly. burrland sounds too much like the course in Antarctica, brrrrrrrrland!

OK, I'll change my proposal.  How 'bout "Burrdland"?  There you go. 

--The Burrd Father
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »

--The Burrd Father

I like this name because it describes you very well....a stick tight nuisance that keeps bugging you and has nothing better to do than annoy you!   ;D

Ya...anybody that plays or WORKS at Birdland knows all about these things....but typically when I'm a player I don't have much of a hard time staying in fairways...   :P

-- A Dirty Bird surrounded by spoiled golfers
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 06:51:52 PM »

--The Burrd Father

I like this name because it describes you very well....a stick tight nuisance that keeps bugging you and has nothing better to do than annoy you!   ;D

Ya...anybody that plays or WORKS at Birdland knows all about these things....but typically when I'm a player I don't have much of a hard time staying in fairways...   :P

-- A Dirty Bird surrounded by spoiled golfers

LOL.....I love it.  My first endorsement from The Bird Father himself.  Did I mention, I seriously like what's going on out there.  Love the pads and the rocks.  Now if I could just stay on those darn fairways on the back 9.  Ugh.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 06:18:12 AM »
After working out there mowing Sunday, my legs from the knees down were completely covered with cling tights-beggars lice-hitchhikers-burrs, whatever they are called.

But then Monday, during league, I never strayed off the fairways all round, and only found 2 burrs. So, the moral of the story is, if you stay in the short stuff, your socks don't get ruined.

Speaking of work.....Sunday around 11:00 there will be some guys and girls with weedeaters, loppers, mowers, out at Birdland doing a little grooming. We'll prolly be starting on 10, then 11, then 14, 15, 16, 17. Bring your weedeaters, mowers, chain saws and be ready to work a bit ( couple hours?), and then maybe play a round.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
After working out there mowing Sunday, my legs from the knees down were completely covered with cling tights-beggars lice-hitchhikers-burrs, whatever they are called.

But then Monday, during league, I never strayed off the fairways all round, and only found 2 burrs. So, the moral of the story is, if you stay in the short stuff, your socks don't get ruined.

Speaking of work.....Sunday around 11:00 there will be some guys and girls with weedeaters, loppers, mowers, out at Birdland doing a little grooming. We'll prolly be starting on 10, then 11, then 14, 15, 16, 17. Bring your weedeaters, mowers, chain saws and be ready to work a bit ( couple hours?), and then maybe play a round.

Didn't I set the world record of cling-tights, looking for your disc, Bom Tutler???  :P
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

spnachio

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 10:41:05 PM »
Heyo Tom. I'm gonna be out at pc friday for some clean up. Pm me with any suggested holes. What about removing dead tree from #2 fairway that blocks the straight shot at island? Or I was thinking cleaning up #11 left placement. Ill have a few trash bags and at least fill a few up. And count me in on Sunday.

KaKaaaw. Jailbird Jeffo

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »
Jeff O.... If you are wantin to do some PC karma building and have a weedeater, go to the pond placement, and starting just to the southeast of the basket commence mowing in and among the trees. The dead tree on 2, hold off on. The City likely will take it out.

I am starting a new thread related to PC and Birdland work days.