Author Topic: Ace payout  (Read 1273 times)

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Ace payout
« on: August 29, 2013, 12:00:30 AM »
I hit Wilbur young league ace a month ago and I have not received any ace pot money so I thought I'd give this though a bump and see what I need to do to collect. I don't know if that is something pate needs to submit but if it hasn't happened can you make it happen?
Matt perry

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ace payout
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:14:59 AM »
Blue Springs League Director has not recorded anything.  Once records are updated and deposits are current the league director contacts the kcfdc regarding who to pay the ace to, current address and amount. 

All League Directors know this is the process.  Hopefully we can get this squared away to get you paid Matt. 

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »
I can attest to the ace as well as witness if needed.  KC Pro Glow Roc right down the gut - no doubt.  7/17 league.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:09:36 AM »
crap, you mean there was a witness.....Ok now we gotta kill him....taking away his favorite putter didn't stop him from playing, next steps (now that he can walk) need to be taken to prevent this kinda thing...... :o
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
crap, you mean there was a witness.....Ok now we gotta kill him....taking away his favorite putter didn't stop him from playing, next steps (now that he can walk) need to be taken to prevent this kinda thing...... :o

Not only did I witness this one to deplete the fund at Blue Springs, I personally depleted the fund at Rosedale last night!  But....I would prefer you not kill me.  Please and Thank you!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »
since you said please and thank you I will let you live.....this time!  ;-)

Congrats on the ACE!!  Wooo to the Hoooooo!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »
Is there anything I need to do specifically? I don't have the LD number.
Matt perry

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 06:28:38 PM »
Is there anything I need to do specifically? I don't have the LD number.

Blue Springs League Director has not recorded anything.  Once records are updated and deposits are current the league director contacts the kcfdc regarding who to pay the ace to, current address and amount. 

All League Directors know this is the process.  Hopefully we can get this squared away to get you paid Matt.

No
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 10:24:42 AM »
Bump.  Has anyone turned in $$$ yet for Blue Springs?  Matt should've been paid by now if he hasn't been...
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 12:49:20 PM »
Still haven't been
Matt perry

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
This is stupid.  NEW League Director in Blue Springs(Somebody that let's us know what the hell is going on way out East). The Ace was apparently on July 17th. That's 50 days ago.

Pay the Man.

He needs that college drinking money.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:27:16 PM by white mccoy »
Joe Hesting

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 01:38:58 PM »
Big thanks to Tyler for posting scores for Young, but I'm pretty positive he hasn't been the one collecting/depositing cash (not entirely sure - haven't played this league in some time).  Hopefully this issue will get taken care of soon. 

On a side note, thanks to Scott Reek and his handling of league at Rosie.  I hit my ace last Wednesday night at Rosie and he asked for my address the same night so that once he was able to deposit league money (the following Tuesday once he returned from a tournament out of state), the club could pay out for the ace.  I've only played Rosie league twice, but both times it started promptly at 6:00 and we were done and paid by 8:00.  I'm sure my check will come in the mail soon due to Scott taking care of business, but I'm sad to see this isn't the same at Young league...
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 08:32:21 AM »
It does boil down often to the person running the league.

I try to get my deposits in MONTHLY for cliff drive, but when an Ace is hit, you have to do it that week.  It is only fair to the player involved.  The problem is though that if the payment hasn't been made for the league, how can you pay them?  You have no accurate accounting for the ace, so you can't write a check if you don't know the amount.  You also can't write the check if the money isn't in the bank.

THere are sheets that each league director is to be filling out on a weekly basis to get only the financial information so that it can be reviewed.  When you wait until later on to do it, it adds up and takes much longer to do, and then becomes a chore, instead of a 2-3 minute process.

It is similar to keeping stats (though not required of league directors), even with a large group if you tackle it the next day, it is much easier than trying to input league totals from the last 3-4 weeks.....

It boils down to the club is an all volunteer organization, and some people prioritize differently than others to ensure that things are done.  It doesn't mean that they are bad people, it just means that the prioritization isn't where it needs to be at certain times.

I don't know what has been done to reach out to the LD at Blue Springs, I haven't played league there this year, I barely play any leagues any more, not enough time.  Infact, I am probably going to be needing someone to run Cliff League next year...I just don't have the time to give.....

ANy volunteers?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 08:37:38 AM »
This is stupid.  NEW League Director in Blue Springs(Somebody that let's us know what the hell is going on way out East). The Ace was apparently on July 17th. That's 50 days ago.

Pay the Man.

He needs that college drinking money.

Careful Joe, he isn't of age  8)
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »
The situation at Blue Springs is being worked on.  I should have more information to follow.

If anyone would like to step up to run a league, I am more than happy to show them the ropes.