Author Topic: Is it lost or is it found?  (Read 872 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Is it lost or is it found?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 09:23:37 AM »
Can I mediate the exchange?

In all honesty, once a disc is"lost" it is lost.  There is no right to call people.....In my mind it is no different than the jackass that stole my car with my bag in it.  I miss my bag, and its contents....but if I saw someone throwing those discs I would ask, as that could lead me to other items......but I am probably not thinking that a disc golfer stole my car so they could get my CE Valks and first run Buzzz's......or did they?......

Once you walk away from the "Course" you leave it.  Just as I have left discs in the middle of the fairway practicing, putters underneath baskets.....it sucks, but I wouldn't think that a piece of plastic (and some of mine have been quite collectible) is worthy of getting an assault charge.

Also more power to those willing to do the labor to find the discs in the water....with that being said, calling people on those discs and stating I have a standard fee of $10/disc (Price of an adequate 6-pack in my mind) if you would like it back, let me know.....

But that is me, and I am different than the average disc golfer.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
...calling people on those discs and stating I have a standard fee of $10/disc (Price of an adequate 6-pack in my mind)

sh1t man, I can get 2 6-packs of High Life tall boys for that and they'll be plenty adequate, ice cold, and taste better than that yuppie sh1t you be drinking.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
your point is?  Other than you drink different beer than I choose......so your demands are = just different in desire for what you get for it!

;) :P
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »
I've got a disc that I found on #18 at Lakeside in Olathe which I plan on returning to the owner without expecting anything.  Well, I would take some Hopslam.  :-P
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

dan howard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 02:09:17 PM »
Surprise me Tom (with something besides an American lager please).

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 09:55:26 AM »
Man, if I could find Tower 10 IPA from Karl Strauss brewery in San Diego, that would be my pick.  I'll call you next week Dan.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Bitter79

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
You are correct Tracy, usually Copper Sulfate of some sort. There are "Pond Dye"'s but no sence in putting a Dye in a pond that isn't around a house or bunch of Yuppies. That stuff wont hurt you unless you drink it. and its diluted so much that the bacteria in the water would be 100x worse for you. A good rule of thumb is that if you see dead fish or "Fish Kill" then dont go in or near the pond. Fish are hypersensitive to most chemicals and even the "Blue/Green" algae that is harmful to humans.

dan howard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 12:58:05 AM »
Ok so I'm guilty of piling on... been a while since its been turquoise, maybe over a year. It's a nice green pond right now and I have to admit, i didn't get a single leech (I doubt there are any in there), I was just trying to drive up the returned disc price.

But you guys are guilty of being forum buzzkills :D

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 11:30:37 AM »
After tossing hundreds of dollars in the drink at Young park I feel that unless you're up for swimming then it's gone. Now if the chap that wades out in that nasty water decides to call if he finds your disc he gets a few karma points. If he doesn't hey I'm ok with that as well. There are quite a few newer players however whom I don't believe they understand the "system" if you will on calling people. It's all the same to me. If its gone its gone.
1)Your mother doesn't play disc golf so pick up your trash!

2)Mike Keizer knows all the badass places to eat.

3)John Theiss has plastic and chains running through his blood.

4)Barton knows whats up!