Author Topic: tree cut on #7  (Read 2271 times)

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: tree cut on #7
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 04:22:37 PM »
Hmmm, left fairway tree. Perfect left handed hyzer shot .... what were the scores for last night?
I'm looking at you, LEFTIES!

Horrible.  A good lefty wouldn't need to take out the tree to birdie that hole.  It's already easy enough for us.   Probably a righty who can't control his anny. 

Keep your ears open.  I'm sure somebody will be out bragging about it. 

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:05 PM »
Private eye Mr James

Apparently it was cut the night before or day of league (which I doubt, since P&R was mowing) The saw mark shows a really brand new chain  and was 5' from the ground, indicating a tall person
or had a ladder. I think it was cut to damage the tree so it would die. 80 year old walnut, no disease, good resin core. According to witnesses it started creaking/popping after dark.  After league.
Some guys were playing glow back and forth on 7, and saw it go down.
If anyone knows about please respond.
I am so depressed,  I have tried not to hit that for 32 years. Now I won't have to worry about it.
If you don't want to play with trees I suggest you go to Nevada (the state not the town).
Also they were drinking bottle New Belgium Fat Tire and smoked Camels to the butt.. 
They also cleaned up the wood chips. Indications are they were going to harvest the wood after the tree dried out They just cut too far. it could have killed somebody.
And Tank, I am not drunk (this time)

MayorSlim
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »
i was at swope at 7am is morning,thats when i saw it down

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »
Wow, what do you say... there are some really screwed up people in this world.

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 08:51:27 PM »
Sorry for not adding anything meaningful to the conversation. Here's an idea, I'll donate the first $25 to the "reward if prosecuted" fund. Maybe a couple of hundred will make someone a little chatty.

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 09:17:41 PM »
Private eye Mr. James, do you know this group who saw it go down? Might be the place a smart dick would start poking around. A true brother Seamus would find a way to get a peek inside the trunk of these guy's car and find the hand saw responsible for this arborcide. Black Walnut has a very distinct odor and will stay on the saw for a couple of days at least.

edit: after seeing the pic on facebook I see it is not a black walnut, forget the distinct odor thing.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:54:53 PM by dan howard »

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 11:01:19 PM »
JB and buddy heard it starting popping, but did not see it go down, he just mentioned a pair that had pin 7 lit up for glow  and were only throwing that hole.
Black Walnut Husks are the distinctive odor.
It was cut with a fast high powered saw, no ridges, no burn marks.
Will dust for fingerprints and take DNA of everybody I see.
Including you.
Lootenant James

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »
Just a little teasing of course Jim, trying to help ease the pain while discussing a sad subject. I doubt you'll have any luck on that DNA thing :D

Skyhawkmd

• Am Poster
  • NOT a Professional Disc Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 04:38:33 AM »
I've got $1000 leading to the arrest of the scum bag who cut down this tree.
Matt Dixon
The Used Car Factory INC.
Buddys Service Center
3035 SW US 40 Hwy E.B.
Blue Springs, MO. 64015
PDGA #55098

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 07:59:11 AM »
this tree was most likely mistakenly cut due to infantile marking of the mando. that is the kind of stuff that happens when you let a 'golf official' play with orange spray paint in the park. our club has the funds to purchase and install highly visible "mando" signage to prevent this type of accident in the future.
espouse elucidation

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 08:13:20 AM »
this tree was most likely mistakenly cut due to infantile marking of the mando. that is the kind of stuff that happens when you let a 'golf official' play with orange spray paint in the park. our club has the funds to purchase and install highly visible "mando" signage to prevent this type of accident in the future.
Danger you got to be kidding me

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 08:45:58 AM »
not kidding mills - check the latest club financial report, there is money to spend on mando signage. choosing the color and font is the difficult task, but you knew that before you commented.
espouse elucidation

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »

So you're saying that you're inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to whomever cut this and assume they saw orange paint or an orange ribbon on the tree and thought it was marked for removal? Or at least you are proposing this as a distinct possibility? And then after cutting so far into the tree someone stopped them or they thought better of it and stopped? Then when just the right wind came up days, weeks or months after this cut was made the tree gave up and toppled?

Is that what you are suggesting?

With the cut five feet up and the fact that it was a clean cut with a chainsaw and the fact that it toppled while others were around and no chainsaw cutting was noticed immediately prior I'd say any number of possibilities are available. But Jamie's scenario is certainly plausible.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:05:55 AM by Kevin Montgomery »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »
See, Jack, this is why I always get onto you about cutting trees so high up on the trunk and leaving such a tall stump behind-- you look like a moron when ya do it that way. ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
There was no mando or paint marks on this specimen.
The KC P&R contract professionals when a tree needs to be removed.
There were no tire marks of heavy equippment. In the past they usually screw up the area and leave ruts.
Just sayin.

Walnut Slim