Author Topic: Lees Summit Course  (Read 589 times)

going-long

Lees Summit Course
« on: September 16, 2006, 04:23:39 PM »
Hey, I am interested in getting a course going in Lees Summit. Im not sure where one would go, but if any one has ideas or needs help or help with getting the ball rolling let me know.

Narin CLouse

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Lees Summit Course
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 05:10:22 PM »
if you call the city you'll be put on an interest list of people that will be involved w/ the planning..

i believe they're planning on putting it in at pottberg park, which is on blue springs lake, just east of lakewood

bp

discman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Lees Summit Course
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:45:08 PM »
where the hell were you today man, city of fountains tourney?  and what about friday also, the beer was cold and the discs were flyin
joe engelman

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Find out exactly who's in charge
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 10:21:50 AM »
Find out exactly who's in charge, might end up being one person or a group of people.  Find out exactly what the city can and can't do ($ and manpower available for the new course).  Find out the boundaries of the proposed course and what you can or can't do to put the course in (remove or plant new trees, install cement teepads or not, etc.).  Find out what other things are being planned for the area (shelters, walking paths, restrooms, etc.).  Try and determine the best you can where the non-disc golf traffic may be in the new park (joggers, dog-walkers, etc.).  Bottom line is that it takes a lot of planning to put in a course.  You have to deal with people (politics) as well as the physical labor to get a course installed.  Utilize the resources of the club.  Later...