Author Topic: Blue Springs Work Day Sunday-10:00 AM  (Read 727 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Blue Springs Work Day Sunday-10:00 AM
« on: September 20, 2006, 10:10:54 AM »
I just got the go ahead for some materials from Home Depot this week.  This  Sunday at 10:00 am, we are going to be installing the steel sleeves and tee sign posts,  moving rail road ties, forming the ties into tee boxes, laying down weed mat  inside the boxes,  and moving rail road crossing ties into place as bridges.  Materials/tools needed: heavy duty staple gun and staples to install the weed mat,  heavy duty scissors to cut the weed mat,  1/2 inch   one foot installer bit and cordless drill/heavy duty drill to completely drill through whole fromt the spikes,  mini/sledge hammers to pound the rebar through the ties into the ground, chainsaw to cut the ties, tools to remove stumps left over form the brushog,  buckets to carry water to the holes for mixing concrete.  My father is bringing his heavy duty gas generator to run the drills so if you have a 1/2 wide one foot long installer bit and drill please bring it.

If anyone has a dual axle trailor and truck I have more ties and limestone that I need to pick up this week.  Please let me know if you can help with the truck/trailor this week.  IF I get these extra materials, there are some spots that we could lay more ties to prevent erosoin like in the DU.  The limestone would be thrown in a water shed creek/run off and  hopeful preserve the efforts that were made earlier this summer when we ran the bobcat through that area.  

If we have another big turn out, we could get this course up and running by the first of October.   The Chiefs are off this Sunday so it is a great chance for you to come out and support your sport.

Call me if you have any questions, 816 739-9361

Thanks, John Theiss

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
thank you volunteers-grand opening juniors course
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 12:18:46 PM »
I would like to thank those of you who were able to make it out this weekend.  I know it was one of the nicest weekends in while to go play.  I appreciate all the help.  We still have a lot of work and I am going to need some more help here this weekend moving some fixed ties into place for a bridge.  I am having a buddy who is a engineer come out and look at our creek situation.  I would like to thank Brad Berve, who I have never met or played with, for  coming out and giving his whole weekend.  We our looking at doing a grand opening doubles tournament late October.  We want to get the community and parents involved so we are thinking about a parent / child doubles tourney.  The course was designed for beginner players, but there are some tight technical shots.  If any of you disc golfers have children and would like to get them out on a really nice juniors course and spend the day together, I will be posting information in the next couple of weeks.

John Theiss

bbman

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Blue Springs Work Day Sunday-10:00 AM
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »
John,

It was a pleasure to come out and work all weekend on something that is going to be used by alot of people. I've got other obligations this weekend so I won't be there for the completion but im going to play it in a few weeks.

I hope the kids enjoy their new course. It turned out realy well.

Thanks again

Brad Berve
Rosedale Down Under CC 2010