Author Topic: Basket movement  (Read 420 times)

Charles B

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Basket movement
« on: September 18, 2013, 10:40:57 PM »
I, and I am sure several others who play this course regularly would like to have some of the baskets moved. With the fading daylight, I think several of the baskets should be moved to their shorter/easier placements. I am more than happy to assist with any moves since I know what a pain some of these baskets are to move.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Basket movement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 09:44:03 AM »
I SECOND THIS!!! BIG TIME!! i've never seen a course with two pin placements on most of the holes, NEVER get moved. in my opinion it should be a weekly or every other week thing. if it's a time or logistics thing, i am more than happy to help as well. i live less than a mile away from the course. most of the people out here know me too. are they looking for someone new to run league? i think i'd be a decent fit if they are. or if the current person running it just needs a little help, i'm here.   Joe H.
"do you see what happens, Larry?"

BenC

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »
John has just had his first child.  I don't know if moving baskets is at the top of his list.  He has given a key to someone so the baskets can be moved.  I will check with John and see what is going on.  Thanks for letting me know about this.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 12:53:25 PM »
I am sorry that i have not been able to do more out there.  Spending any free hour at Liberty and trying to give those on East side another sweet course to play.

By the way, there are  places in the US that have two seasonal places (summer and winter) and baskets do not get moved until season changes and the parks do the basket moving.  we/i have slacked in moving baskets. 

i understand your frustrations, but weekly movement might be a bit much to ask of a person.  every couple weeks yes. 

Moving baskets is a job and thanks for offering to move them and offering to step up to run league.  Please contact  Ben about running league.  League Director will have the keys to ensure course is set up how they want it.  I would meet you tonight but i am on baby duty till 9pm.  I can meet you out there is weekend and we can move however many your back can handle.   

PM please to help move baskets.  Sat or Sun morning is best.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 01:52:14 PM »
CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY JOHN!!! PM sent, just let me know. ;D

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 06:51:17 AM »
i thought young park was your baby!
espouse elucidation

Charles B

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
 I played the course yesterday afternoon and basket 9 was moved to the straight pin position sometime after we played Wednesday night (one less basket to move!).  I'm not sure what anyone else would like to see moved, but for speed of play (except 6) I'd like to see:

4 moved short
5 moved right
6 moved left
10 moved short
13 moved short
14 moved right
15 moved short
18 moved short

I realize that is a lot of baskets to move, some of which probably have not moved since the beginning of the year so if anyone else has suggestions, please speak up.

John, I sent you my contact info, please give me a call/text anytime and I am more than happy to help with moving baskets.

Charles

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 04:04:19 PM »
that sounds about right to me. i also sent my info. i'll give you a text charles, or you can give me one (it's joe) if you guys are out there without me. i'd love to help and then shoot a round!

Charles B

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 12:47:47 PM »
We were able to move several baskets this morning. Thanks to John, Joe and (big) Brandon we have pins in the setup listed below.

1- long
2- left
3- short
4- short
5- right
6- left
7- right
8- only
9- middle
10- short
11- left
12- long/right