Below is what we are sending to all members via email and in the newsletter.
ST. LOUIS OPEN DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT
May 21 & 22 â€“ PDGA B-tier
Disc golf in St. Louis has gone through some dramatic changes in the last few years. Area players have come together as a team in the River City Flyers Disc Golf Club. Course improvements at Endicott and Jefferson Barracks have been nothing short of miraculous. We should all be proud to be a part of an organization that is giving back to the community by improving the courses not only for ourselves, but also for casual players and for the next wave of new golfers to enjoy.
One of the River City Flyersâ€™ goals is to have an A-tier in 2006 and a National Tour stop here by 2008. In order to get to that level of tournament, we need to have a solid attendance this year. We are aiming for 72+ combined in the amateur divisions and 35+ combined in the pro divisions. We know we will have a handful of out of town players. If at least half of our current club members come to play, we will crush our attendance goal. This tournament will be the biggest disc golf event in the history of St. Louis. If you can only make one event this year, please make this the one.
The entrance fee is higher than our normal $15 for club events. We followed the PDGA guidelines for entrance fees for a B-tier event. The payout and structure is more like an A-tier event though. Here is what you get with your entrance fee:
* Gateway E or H plastic disc.
* Innova Champion Sidewinder (am divisions only)
* $1000 sponsorship driven money added to the payout (pro divisions only)
* Johnny Macâ€™s disc golf shirt
* One free throw to win a basket
* Free beer at Endicott on Saturday, at SP on Sunday, courtesy of New Belgium. (21+)
* No cost CTPâ€™s for prizes (am divisions)
* Club ace pool is alive.
* Portable Innova basket to the winner of Advanced AM division
* Most importantly, a great chance to compete in the toughest layouts on the best courses in St. Louis.
We are requesting that everyone pre-registers. This will help us run the tournament on time, as you would expect at an A-tier event. There are three ways to pre-register:
* On the website at www.stldiscgolf.com
and pay via pay pal
* Fill out the entry form on the website and mail in your entry fee.
* Register at the doubles from 5pm to 8pm at Jefferson Barracks on May 20.
Saturday registration from 7 to 9am at Jefferson Barracks - $5 late fee applies.
No registration after 9am on Saturday.
Most of the information on the tournament can be found at www.stldiscgolf.com
. Please feel free to print flyers and hand them out to your friends.
Hope to see you there!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call any one of us.
Andy Klaasmeyer, Ray Vuichard, Scott Galvin, Mike Fritz and Dave McCormack.