Author Topic: OCTOBERFRIZ!  (Read 1014 times)

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
OCTOBERFRIZ!
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:36:58 PM »
I'm surprised this thread is just now making it here.  This is for those of you who haven't yet made it down to Winfield to experience the Friz.  Those of you who have made the annual pilgrimage can attest to the following...

The biggest event in the midwest!  Hundreds upon hundreds come from all over the country.  This tournament is as much (actually more) about the good times than it is the golf.  In fact, the person who has the most fun will be given a Friz basket as will all the amateur division winners.

http://www.kansasdiscgolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31406#31406
Quoting Friz-Rocker, the man who will be providing your entertainment...

The party starts Tuesday night,pick your partner and mixed doubles happen around noon wed the 11th and thu the 12th{all included in your entry fee}pick your partner moonlight doubles on,"FRIDAY THE 13th" about 9 pm.camping permits available,electricity,some hotels,but you might want to call ahead.The T.D,`s number is 1-620-221-1017,but don`t tell him I gave it to you.You can sign up anytime before tee-off sat about 10am.

All I would add to that is that it is at the Cowley Co. Fairgrounds on the south side of Hwy. 160, just on the west edge of Winfield, KS.  The singles takes place on Saturday and Sunday with all kinds of contests on the days prior.  Everyone camps at the course for free.  Free keg beer.  Just about everybody is going to be there, so don't miss it....