Author Topic: City of Fountains - PDGA Event - November 3rd  (Read 5867 times)

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: City of Fountains - PDGA Event - November 3rd
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
That's why the long is the best. Very hard 3, but not even an easy 4 with the slope around the basket.  both short placements are "throw far, lay-up, and move on"
Joe Hesting

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
That's why the long is the best. Very hard 3, but not even an easy 4 with the slope around the basket.  both short placements are "throw far, lay-up, and move on"

Not everyone throws 400' drives consistently. 18's short placements may be tweeners for most of the Open players, but they are challenging Par 3's for most everyone else. Hopefully there will be a strong north wind that day to grab ahold of those uphill putts, then we'll see how much of a tweener it is. ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »

Not everyone throws 400' drives consistently. 18's short placements may be tweeners for most of the Open players, but they are challenging Par 3's for most everyone else. Hopefully there will be a strong north wind that day to grab ahold of those uphill putts, then we'll see how much of a tweener it is. ;D

agreed. Is the basket way up the hill by the fence a setting for 18?
PDGA# 51376

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 02:13:58 PM »
Yes Jeffo.  If you over rip it you're in the pit of death.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
Jeff, rip it?  Please.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2013, 09:17:23 AM »
I played Cliff yesterday and I think 18 near the fence will definitely produce some score differential, even for the pros.  It's about the same distance from the tee as 18 short but about 30 feet higher, so it's defintely improvement if you think 18 short is a tweener.  Add in the extreme slope and any uphill putt over 20' will be challenging. 

On another note, if someone gets hot, I think 45 or 44 may be possible.  If you can throw 400', every hole is a potential deuce except 1 and 18, with 6,8,12 and 17 being tough deuces.  It'll be interesting to see if anyone gets close to the course record. 

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »
I'm not saying what placements we should play. I just wondered if the was for 18 or a super hard placement for 16. Just never played that spot
PDGA# 51376

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
16 is in the short on the side of the hill, this is the first time i have seen 18 at the top of the hill.  Also 13 has a new placement short within some trees by the road.
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
16 is in the short on the side of the hill, this is the first time i have seen 18 at the top of the hill.  Also 13 has a new placement short within some trees by the road.

Don't you mean 15 is in the short?  I thought the only 16 short was under the tree?
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2013, 10:36:43 AM »
16 is the hole running north/south along west side of the reservoir.  The short placement is about 330' on the side of the hill.  15 is also short and located under the tree.

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »

Don't you mean 15 is in the short?  I thought the only 16 short was under the tree?

I think you are confused on your holes
Joe Hesting

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:30 AM »

I think you are confused on your holes

Whoops.  Sorry for the confusion.  Been a loooong week.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »
the PIN on the top of the hill is actually the ORIGINAL #18 (if you wanna call it that number) pin, the one by the road came along about 4 years after that placement.  That pin has been used in the past for an alternate long #16 as well.  Drew left a basket there that thieves took (Orange one.....still pissed) but suffice it to say that is the original placement, and too many folks didn't like climbing that high up, so the lower placement was added in.  Where the "long alternate #18" is (Blue Basket) actually used to be the teeing area for what is currently #11, but moved that to the top.

The course over years has evolved, and a new evolution will be underway soon once everything aligns better in all the lives of those involved.

In the mean time, shut up and enjoy playing in a few of the best disc golf courses in the world, as well as great parks!   :P

(I am saying in jest....)  But please enjoy and remember that these courses have taken a short trip to get to where they are, and they are still in all facets babies in town.

;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2013, 10:52:57 PM »
Yep.  I'm gonna need a guide for Cliff too. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »
As of now the first round will be at Blue Valley.  I will set it for sure by Wednesday on whether we will split the pools or not.  If you are planning on playing in this event, i need you to register or contact me.  This will really help me determine how many people can play and if pools assignments need to be made.
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City