Author Topic: City of Fountains - PDGA Event - November 3rd  (Read 6071 times)

jteater

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: City of Fountains - PDGA Event - November 3rd
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »
You guys who can throw it that far are awesome.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »
I believe you're referencing the low pin by the road - I've deuced that one before with no wind.  It's not nearly as tough as deucing the one at the top of the hill by the reservoir...

sorry, i didnt realize the orange pin is still in and/or is ever used.  every time i put the basket there, all i heard was cries.  nice 2, and yes, a much harder deuce, .  its the same distance horizontally, but much farther up, and the tee pad doesnt line up correctly for a big drive to that pin.  only person i've seen get to that one is big jerm.  pin high, 35 ft left. 
Drew D Neitzel

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2013, 02:47:44 PM »
I believe you're referencing the low pin by the road - I've deuced that one before with no wind.  It's not nearly as tough as deucing the one at the top of the hill by the reservoir...

sorry, i didnt realize the orange pin is still in and/or is ever used.  every time i put the basket there, all i heard was cries.  nice 2, and yes, a much harder deuce, .  its the same distance horizontally, but much farther up, and the tee pad doesnt line up correctly for a big drive to that pin.  only person i've seen get to that one is big jerm.  pin high, 35 ft left.

That's funny because Tank said the same thing when we stepped off of that pad.  It doesn't line up at all, but with the wind that we had yesterday, it didn't really matter.  The disc was going to travel farther than normal up that hill.  I can't believe he was pin high - that's crazy!  I was more than content being 60-80 short.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »

That's funny because Tank said the same thing when we stepped off of that pad.  It doesn't line up at all, but with the wind that we had yesterday, it didn't really matter.  The disc was going to travel farther than normal up that hill.  I can't believe he was pin high - that's crazy!  I was more than content being 60-80 short.

I think I was about 40 short.  Oh wait, we're talking after our first shot?.......nevermind. 

zumagun

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »
I just checked PDGA and my performance in this tournament isn't reflected in my rating.  It's not even listed as a tournament I've played.  What gives?

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2014, 09:55:52 AM »
Check tomorrow.  Ratings will be updated and it should be included. 

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2014, 02:05:28 PM »
I had a lot of issues with the PDGA on this one.  I submitted report and paid and they didnt record it was paid.  I called and they found payment but didnt send it to the person who is in charge of submitting the report.  I got that report re-submitted and then somehow their report had missing information even though my report showed everything.  It should be all fixed now and hopefully is on tomorrows even though I was still working on this 3 weeks ago ... ughh!!
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2014, 03:06:29 PM »
As i am looking into it, it does not appear to be on this rating update either.  :(
Scott Reek

AStomps

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2014, 03:13:32 PM »
hopefully the report got submitted with cliff hole 12 scores omitted.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2014, 04:25:38 PM »
I emailed the PDGA today to ask why it wasn't included and Andrew Sweeton said "His TD report was not complete. He has since provided it, but too late for the January update, so it will be in the February update."  I replied back to him saying the essentially the following " I doubt it.  It sounded like me the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing and he had to reprove that he had paid".  We'll see if he replies back. 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2014, 10:12:19 AM »
NOt to defend anyone, but I have worked with Andrew over the past few years, and he has been a stand up guy to contend with on all issues that I have had.

They had an issue with the TD reports going to the wrong place, and I think that it may have coincided with the transfer and changes that the PDGA has gone through.

I got a note about the NE League not being paid, and it was paid, and they said that they were looking into it.

Bottom line, its a technical glitch more than likely, that has since been remedied, and one event here and there will be correctly fixed in the future, so lets not make a big concern over it.  Lets make the Ice bowl and raising more money a bigger concern!  THis will be fixed, the same can't be said about hunger in the area.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
Sounds good.  I'm sure there were technical glitches.  I'm bringing another keg of beer to the Ice Bowl.  I'm trying to figure out how to use it to raise funds for ice bowl.  Any ideas?  Maybe selling cups?

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2014, 10:47:16 AM »
donation jar at the keg was effective last year, well at least a few put cash in.
espouse elucidation

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I am not mad at the PDGA and everytime I have called the PDGA about any problems, they have worked hard and quickly to resolve it.  I was just explaining in this case what had happened.  They just verified with me yesterday all is good, it just wasn't all fixed in time for yesterdays update.

They get a lot of reports every week and sanction fee payments, that I understand things getting missed or overlooked.
Scott Reek

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »
I'm bringing another keg of beer to the Ice Bowl.  I'm trying to figure out how to use it to raise funds for ice bowl.  Any ideas?  Maybe selling cups?

pm sent
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj