General > General Banter

new course going in at baldwin ks. out at spring lake south of town

(1/4) > >>

DiscDisc Byrd:
Just heard a new course is going to be put in a spring lake south of baldwin kansas.  Theres to be 18 holes with 3 or 4 holes with water hazards. Possibly a basket inside one of the shelters that are at the lake already. Course will be on the east side of the lake on the grassy hill.  Looks to have holes with the distance of 300 feet for most of the holes.  Talked to the baldwin  city recs department and they want to make it a community project. There looking for volunteers to help to put in the pipes and baskets and clean up of the course such as tree trimming and brush removal. Dont know off hand what there number is but you could look it up and give them a call. Maybe they will move faster on the project if people start calling them up and asking about it.  Concrete tees to go in next year possibly.  They have a festival down here called the mapleleaf festival in october every year. Maybe we could start a mapleleaf disc golf tournament in a few years to coinside with the festival. Well that's just a thought.

Psychoholic:
Is that the Baldwin City Lake I see on google maps or the non marked lake on the south west side of town?

DiscDisc Byrd:
Around here we always called it the old city lake. The real name is spring lake. Its southeast of town about 3 miles or so. According to the recs dept. they were suppose tohave gotten the baskets in august. I drove out there and they hhaven't even brush hogged down the waist high prairie grass yet either. So I'm thinking that nothings going to get done till at least next spring.  I talked to rick at disc golf world and he knew who designed the holes.  He said it should be a creditable course. It will be a great place for me to play every evening since I'm only 5 minutes away from there. Heres to hoping the get things moving on it sooner than later.

white mccoy:

What's going on this Sunday then, if the course is not yet playable?

robm:
that looks kinda cool

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version