Author Topic: new course going in at baldwin ks. out at spring lake south of town  (Read 1145 times)

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: new course going in at baldwin ks. out at spring lake south of town
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »
Just called mike carson. He will be out at the lake he thought sat. Night starting to set up the baskets. He will have a trailer with about 1000 discs for the tourney.  Drove out there a few minutes ago they have mowed the fairways today.  There not very wide though, gonna be tough to stay on them shot after shot. Should be interesting that's for sure.
Steve keithley

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
baldwin disc golf course
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:12 PM »
Was just out at the baldwin disc golf course to check the progress. The baskets have been installed. They even put the basket under the shelter on hole 10, like everyone wanted. Tees are marked by two yellow flags for now. Tees to be put in next year I believe.  I have done some tree trimming on a few holes. I'm gonna try and get out there this weekend and trim a few more. Fairways are still narrow but I'm sure they will take care of that when the city gets time. So go out and play the new course. Post your thoughts on what you think needs done on this post.  So we can make it the best that the course can be. If you need a course map you can find it posted earlier in this post.
Steve keithley

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »
that was quick, I'll get out there sometime in the next couple of weeks, not too far from Lawrence
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 02:29:54 PM »
Potential FTL destination soon
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »
FTL would be fun. I live in baldwin, would like to meet you guys if I'm home to play with you. Got out there tonight and trimmed a few more trees on holes 1, 2 and 7. Already got holes 14, 16 and 17 trimmed. Hole 17 has a risk/ reward shot just like hole 13 will have. Still need to cut a path thru the trees  from hole 12 to tee area 13.  Some trees still need to be trimmed on hole 13 so you an see the basket. Maybe cut a small opening for a risk/reward shot or you can try an anhyzer shot around the finger of trees that protrude out in the fairway, giving us options on our shots. Probably be there tomorrow night cleaning up dead limbs and maybe some more trimming of trees, unless I'm playing a round somewhere. Met a couple guys playing out there tonight and got there opinions on what needed trimming, so that was helpful.
Steve keithley