Author Topic: Play Thornfield for Free this Saturday/ Free Oklahoma Joes Lunch, Player Bags  (Read 888 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
The Tourney needs teams of 4 to play a scramble style of tourney and they are letting people come play without an entry fee. If you don't have a full team they will assign you to one.
Tournament info:
Date: October 12th, 2013
Time: 9:00am Shotgun Start
Venue: Thornfield Disc Golf Course - Stillwell Kansas
Format: 4 person scrammble - Prizes for top 3 teams

Schedule:
8:00am Registration plus practice field opn
9:00am Shotgun Start
12:00pm Lunch and Awards

Fast Facts:
Thornfield Disc Golf Course is the only private disc golf course in Kansas City
Thornfield was used during the 2009 PDGA World Championships
Thornfield is on land conserved and protected by Kansas Land Trust

Registration info:
Entry fee FREE per player
includes lunch and beverages and player bag

All proceeds go towards protecting vital lands and waterways and wildlife

Registration and more information email carol@klt.org YOU MUST CONTACT CAROL AND SIGN UP ALL OF THE TEAMS PLAYERS BEFORE SATURDAY!!!
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Dang it!  Of all the weekends to have a big work project.

spnachio

I've got a guy from work who has never played. Need 2 more peeps for a team. No need for skill.

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Just email her and they will find you the other players!
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

Old Pike Mike

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
It's a fun  course and i hear it will be set up easy for the tourney.  The disc community should support the event.  It's hard to pass up ok joes an thornfield for free!    Everyone playing hopefully will support the cause.   
As a side note:  Mr. Pink in KC, one of the fast facts they fed you is a falsehood.   I am not sure which of your administrative assistants helped you with the fast facts; but, I  am fairly certain that Thornfield is  not the only private course in K.C.  But, its the biggest.  Reportedly, there are at least two other secret private courses in the area.  One of which you and your brother Dan helped us build and you are a current member.    Wish I could make it out to Thornfield on Saturday.  Keep up the good work, Pete! 

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
An awesome cause and its FREE!!! I have commited to the juniors open.
Steven Disc Glover

bobdomsch

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Just a heads up: I just got an email back from Carol saying that the tournament is full.

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
It's a fun  course and i hear it will be set up easy for the tourney.  The disc community should support the event.  It's hard to pass up ok joes an thornfield for free!    Everyone playing hopefully will support the cause.   
As a side note:  Mr. Pink in KC, one of the fast facts they fed you is a falsehood.   I am not sure which of your administrative assistants helped you with the fast facts; but, I  am fairly certain that Thornfield is  not the only private course in K.C.  But, its the biggest.  Reportedly, there are at least two other secret private courses in the area.  One of which you and your brother Dan helped us build and you are a current member.    Wish I could make it out to Thornfield on Saturday.  Keep up the good work, Pete!

;)