Author Topic: Great Course!  (Read 359 times)

Bitter79

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Great Course!
« on: October 24, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »
Hey im sure the P & R for the city takes care of this course but I just wanted to say what an awesome course this is. I played here for my first time in prep for City of Fountains and this course has some of the most beautiful scenery incorperated & throughout the course it's amazing. From the super huge old tree on 15 (i think, the one with the basket underneath and behind it), to the city scape of the old AT&T building, The obvious huge cliff with holes incorperated, hell even the graffiti in the old reservor is some pretty cool stuff. Like others have said before we truely take for granted what awesome courses we have in KC, but this one is definitly one of my new fav's. Thanks to those who take care of it full time, part time, and sometimes.

BenC

Re: Great Course!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »
This course, like all the other in KC, are kept up by the club and to be more specific, for this course:  Jack Lowe, Mike Penny, Mike Keizer, Ryan Westa.  There are too many others to mention, who have given their time.  The city does mow and take away all the Honeysuckle the above mentioned people remove from the course.  What you see now is from years of work days and dedication to create another great place for the people of KC to play golf.  This course is going to be even better when the redesign is complete.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 09:46:36 AM »
Glad to hear you enjoyed Cliff Drive, Bitter79! 8)

Gotta put Drew Nietzel's name out there as well! Ben is right-- there's been a ton of support in recent years on this course from lots of different people. Far too many to name. Makes me regret all the times I've b%tched about people not showing up for workdays, LOL. ;D
Hopefully 2014 will provide a few more opportunities for end-of-workday photos such as this one:

KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »
front and center Mike
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj