Author Topic: New baldwin disc golf course  (Read 2420 times)

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New baldwin disc golf course
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 09:04:35 pm »
Sounds awesome. Im game.  Anytime.   Finally somebody wants to play 3 minutes from my house. Wyco and i missed the teater today. Swear i thought i heard crying on the wind out there. Sounded like "joooeeee  joooeeee"
Steve keithley

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 09:11:00 pm »
Oh i wouldn't go in the water. Silted in very soft bottom. Not to mention all the snapping turtles and water snakes and at least one zombie beaver ( well maybe not the last one but just because it hasn't been seen doesnt mean its not there under the surface waiting). Dont throw a clear silver metal flake disc ( got that joe).thats fishing colors.
Steve keithley

jteater

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 09:15:14 pm »
You did yoo-doo to my disc and stuck it under some silt.

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 09:33:00 pm »
  :o   nope it was the zombie beaver hes using it as a plate when he eats human flesh ;)          good luck to you and rick tomorrow
Steve keithley

SteelerDoug

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 10:03:28 pm »
I'zs gada plz des couse nd scor mez a zmbe bevr. I'm so en, ull where shurts 'n stillerToes. ;)

bailey

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »
Thanks Steve! My husband's name is on it - Phil and his #. (We had switched Teebirds - whoops!)

I'm in Lawrence so not too far away.

The tree/bush was crazy thick though. The disc I lost was bright green and we couldn't even see it!

If i can get out there saturday i will see if i can retrieve your teebird for you Bailey. I will call you if your numbers on your disc or if not i will post it here.  I live in baldwin and worked on the course trimming what trees they would let me and worked with them where to put the teepad sighs. Ive been trying to get them to mow the fairways wider. Glad to hear they did a little anyway.  Do you live in the area?

bailey

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 01:14:21 pm »
Both times I've been out to this course no one else has been playing so definitely not crowded.
I just checked it out on DG review. I like all the water shots! Let's round up some people (and some Dragons, and some swimsuits for retrieving the discs. . .) and make an outing of it some time.

Definitely some interesting water holes! And challenging fairway shots if you count the tall grass out of bounds like we did  :o

Our friend with us went into the water to get his disc. Mucky and gross! I'm sure if they ever drag out the bottom of the lake (pond?!) there will be a fair amount of discs  :P