Author Topic: New baldwin disc golf course  (Read 915 times)

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
New baldwin disc golf course
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:17:44 PM »
There's a new course in baldwin kansas. 18 hole course located at spring lake. Baskets are installed now. Tees to be put in next year sometime. Check it out!
Steve keithley

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New baldwin disc golf course
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
that was quick
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 01:05:18 PM »
I wonder if they made some of the changes we suggested, or if they just threw it in the ground.

Anyway, here is the location:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Baldwin+City+Lake,+Baldwin+City,+KS&hl=en&ll=38.754569,-95.159057&spn=0.007187,0.013937&sll=38.757831,-95.139799&sspn=0.057493,0.111494&oq=Baldwin+City+lake&t=h&hnear=Baldwin+City+Lake&z=17

And Map, which is probably very close to the same.

Joe Hesting

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »
Was out there tonight and trimmed a few trees. Basket was put inside the shelter on hole 10. Hole 11s basket was moved back under the two big oaks instead of out in the grassy road where the temporary basket was set. Hole 8 was shortened to under the 2 maple trees before you crossed the  entrance road. Other than that everything is how we played it in the tournament. Hole 13 still needs trees cut and trimmed. And path cut from basket 12 to tee area 13. I got holes 1, 2, 7, 14, 16 and 17  trimmed and ready to go.  Now if we could get the fairways mowed a little wider that would be great. Got some trimmed branches to still clean up on hole 7, got dark on me had to stop for the night. I will get back out there tomorrow or saturday and get that cleaned up. Other than that the course is coming together nicely.
Steve keithley

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 07:29:42 AM »
Thanks Byrd for putting this together.  Looking forward to playing this southwest track.  Sounds like a plan.  The idea with the FTL is great, that way you can explain what you have going on out there and show us around.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »
Well I'm just a local guy down here that's only been playing for a little over a year now  thats trying to get it in playable condition.  The city is going to be the ones mowing out there. But left it up to the players to trim trees as needed. I'm just trying to do my part since I'm 5 minutes from it.  FTL sounds great and I can try and meet you guys out there sometime. But during the week I work till 230 in kcmo. FTL seems to be always started before I get off so have never been able to come play. With the map you downloaded its pretty close to where everything is located except hole 8 has been shortened, to before you cross the entrance road.  Hole 11 was pushed back about 30 feet under the big oaks. If anyone plays out here and has some suggestions post them on here and I will do my best to get done.
Steve keithley

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:31:41 PM »
Now that I look at your map closer the hole numbers are all wrong. That must be the first map version that they come up with. I think the correct one you can find under the tournament blog.
Steve keithley

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »
If you start on hole 11 that is the real hole 1. Then just follow the holes in that order and you have it correct. Just so everyone knows till they get the holes marked.
Steve keithley

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 09:56:47 PM »
Played the Baldwin course on Sunday morning.  Had a good time aside from the wind.  The map above shows Hole #1 going across the little pond but that was marked Hole #9 so that is where I started.  Got to Hole #12 and couldn't find the basket and then noticed that someone had yanked it out and it appeared to have been dragged.  Found it lying in the tall grass between Hole #11 and #12.  Aside from that, it's a fun course with some really fun water shots.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 08:08:48 AM »
?? baskets have already been yanked?  wow....
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:11 AM »
I played out there yesterday and enjoyed it. I thought 12's basket had been hit by a mower, it has significant damage and will need replaced. None of the baskets had caps so a person with a crescent wrench could easily remove the chain hangar and basket leaving only the pole in the ground. I alerted Mike Carson and Dennis V., Dennis said he was in touch with P&R and they'll be out to put spot welds on the bolts.

This course map has the new hole numbering and is pretty much accurate except for hole 8 being shortened to about 275.
http://discsunlimited.net/image/data/miscellaneous/Baldwin-Course-Map.pdf

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
Thanks for the updated map Dan!  Anyone know who made the baskets for Baldwin?  Just curious.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 11:11:45 AM »
The baskets are from a new(?) outfit in SE Kansas, MD Disc Golf. When I told Mike Carson (one of the company owners) that 12's basket was damaged, IMHO beyond repair, he couldn't believe it, said they specifically designed them to be practically indestructible.

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
I stopped out there tonight. Basket 12 is gone someone must have picked it up. Dont know if someone from the city got it or the vandels came back for it. It didn't look like the mounting hole was damaged. So I don't think it was pulled out of the ground. Maybe they unbolted it. They need to be pinned and locked for sure.  Its a shame that in one week they are already tearing up the baskets.
Steve keithley

DiscDisc Byrd

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »
Basket 12 is back!  Somone must be collecting the yellow tee flags now.  Tee flags for holes 7, 12, and 13 are gone.  Who evers doing this leave the baskets and flags be. Go find something better to do. We have a nice and fun course here don't spoil it for us players who love the sport. Thanks
Steve keithley