Author Topic: Earn your Green Frees.  (Read 3271 times)

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Earn your Green Frees.
« on: December 04, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »
Hey everybody, I am having a Help Beautify Your Course round this Saturday 12/7 @ 11:00. We will play a normal round of golf, but as we play we will pick up the trash on the course. If a few people play it shouldn't take us hardly any extra time. I will provide one ice-cold 12 pack of Boulevard IPA for the crew. More workdays will follow as the weather turns warm again, but I want to get started getting this course to be as nice as any in town. Please reply so I know who to expect.  Bag Tags will be in play. Come out and enjoy your course with some fellow do-gooders.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Earn your Green Frees.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 10:47:17 AM »
Hey ya'll, I don't think anybody is going up there today but,
 I wanted to post that I will be going up there @ 12:00 if anybody is interested.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »
Hey guys I wanted to post a progress report. The parking lot at #1 is now trash free. After playing a round at Little Blue
I went over to Baby Blue and picked up all the trash from it, the pond, the shelter, and the playground. More work days to come. Beer & Brats for all volunteers. Have you ever felt guilty for having so much fun for free, well then come to the next work day and earn your green frees.
I like BIG putts.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »
You. Are. Awesome!    8)

Thanks for taking the initiative to make things nice. Hopefully with better weather you can get more volunteers.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »
The course love is strong with this one. Way to go, man. 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
I also met with Ben C. out there yesterday to make a plan  for this course. By the time the Wide Open tourney plays BV this summer, this course will showcase what KC Disc golf is all about. The next workday will focus on trimming all of the tree shoots at the base of the trees (a big job), and honeysuckle eradication.
P.S. I've got a plan to make L11 (S13) the nicest hole at the park.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »
You. Are. Awesome!    8)

Thanks for taking the initiative to make things nice. Hopefully with better weather you can get more volunteers.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 10:46:04 PM »
The next work day @ BV will be Saturday 1/11/14 @11:00 a.m. If you can show up with a handsaw and/or a set of loppers, and help trim some tree shoots/cut out some honeysuckle - you will be a benefit to the park and the club. I will only ask for two hours of your time.

I know that it is cold, but if dressed warmly it really isn't all that bad -as long as we stay moving.
If the weather conditions are really bad I will postpone this , but it is January, so it's cold out.
I like BIG putts.

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 08:01:37 PM »
I got a hand saw and hatchet I will be out there
Adam Johnson

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 09:35:15 PM »
Awesome, The weather should be nice, 45 and sunny. I will park in the lot by 1's Tee pad. See you then.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 08:49:04 PM »
We had a productive afternoon today. We walked L5 and cleaned up the trees while looking for the long pin placement (never found it), We cleared honeysuckle/trimmed the tree shoots/vines from the fairway trees on L9. We opened up the tree barrier and cleared a lot of honeysuckle at S13. Thanks to Ben, Adam, and his, out of town, friend Bobby for all the work today. 8 man hours total.
I like BIG putts.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »
We had a productive afternoon today. We walked L5 and cleaned up the trees while looking for the long pin placement (never found it), We cleared honeysuckle/trimmed the tree shoots/vines from the fairway trees on L9. We opened up the tree barrier and cleared a lot of honeysuckle at S13. Thanks to Ben, Adam, and his, out of town, friend Bobby for all the work today. 8 man hours total.

Way to go, y'all. 8)

FYI, #5's other placement is in that thick stuff on the right side when you're looking down the fairway from the tee. Probably farther down the fairway than you might think. I don't remember ever seeing that area cleared so that the long pin could be used.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »
Yeah there is  one of the telephone bridges across the way the made sense heading to a large area that could be a green but with snow and probably 12" of grass no chance of finding the placement
Adam Johnson

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »
It is a tough find.  I am not certain but when #5 was hit, we may have moved the long pin...it may be hidden there still.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the work out there, it all helps!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 10:06:18 PM »
I started work on L10 this evening. I was only out there for 1 hour, but I cleaned up 5 trees. The next official workday will be Sat. February 1st, and the first Saturday of every month there after. That makes for five official workdays before BV hosts the KCWO. Come on out and earn your Green Free.
I like BIG putts.