Author Topic: Earn your Green Frees.  (Read 2720 times)

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Earn your Green Frees.
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 10:53:10 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't look at the calendar before I posted. Maybe Sat. April 12th would work better, it would give everybody a peek at the course before the City of Fountains tourney the following weekend Sat April 19th. I will ask the people that show up this weekend what they want to do. I will still go up there and play a 20 hole rd. on April 20th though.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »
The weather report is looking pretty bleak...  Are you sure you wanna go out on the snow/rain/sleet day?  It may be prudent to move it......but totally your call.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
Maybe postponing an official workday for two weeks wouldn't be a bad idea, but I will be out there cutting tree shoots and taking out some honeysuckle bushes - there is soo much to do. If people want to come out, I will be there.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
Cold doesn't bother me, I personally enjoy working in it this time of year.  Rain/Drizzle/Sleet/wet snow does.  If the weather is alright I will try to get out there, if it isn't, then I am going to be working indoors I am certain.  Today would be a great day in my mind to get out there.  If it is like this I will work on getting there!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »
Weather looks like it might hold in the morning, lets get some love out there on the course to clean it up.  More hands equals less time of work to get the same accomplished!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »
4 of us out today on a nasty day. Thanks for the help Mike and Chris. 8 man hours total. Maybe another opportunity to put a couple hours in on March 15th. To be determined...
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »
Is there anybody with a 4*4 truck who would like to put in a few hours at BV on a Sunday?
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »
Now that Blue Valley has officially been announced as a Wide Open course I am doubly motivated to it's beautification. I would like to put a few hours in this Sunday from 11-1. I could really use some help clearing honeysuckle from the fairways and removal of dead branches. If you have a truck and a hand saw you could really be a benefit to this course. 
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 02:48:28 PM »
There is a workday at Blue Valley Saturday April 5th from 9-11. We will clear some more honeysuckle and tree shoots from the fairway trees. For all of those that come help and "Earn their Green Free" there will be adult beverages/hotdogs, and some disc golf on Friday April 11th. (To be held in conjunction with FTL) Remember the City of Fountains tourney is Sat. April 19th, this will be a good opportunity to come get a rd. in before the tourney.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
Please come out and put in a couple of hours tomorrow Saturday April 5th 9:00 - 11:00. We will put the majority of our effort on cleaning the fairways of brush and tree shoots. If you plan on playing the City of Fountains tournament or the Wide Open do yourself a favor and come out to get reacquainted with the course. Coffee and donuts will be there, will you? Oh BTW, I think the FTL plans on playing out here the day before the COF - Friday April 18th.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 01:51:10 PM »
FTL will be playing/picking up trash/downed limbs this Friday at BIG BV. For those familiar with FTL you would know that they are a two round group. The morning rd. is when we will do the cleaning so if your interested come on out. Beer and dogs will be served in between rounds.  COF is the next day and it would be a great opportunity to give some karma to the course - give on Friday and receive on Saturday.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
Thanks to all who came out and helped today - the park looks awesome, and is ready for some tournament play. See you guys at the COF.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2014, 09:53:32 AM »
It did look great.  The only really noticeable section would be the start of the woods on #4.  It looked pretty fresh out there, but the rest of the course looked just wonderful.

Some tree trimming is needed on #9 (Need a gap through the trees) and then on #10, is there a way to tie those trees together to give a gap?  #18 may need a cleansing of the tree wall as well.

The rest of it looked fantastic out there though.  Overall, A+ for certain.  I loved it!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »
I agree Jack, and there is more that I would add to the list. With a few more workdays/volunteers Blue Valley will be all that it can be for the Wide Open. It would be nice to do a walk through with you and give/get some ideas. I am working with P&R to get the rest of the brush piles and tree stumps removed. Super long 7 needs to be cleared for the WO, and I have some great ideas for new pin placements for L11, S13, L15, and L16.
I see 4 par 5's out there - for tournament play (3, 7, 9, 18)
I like BIG putts.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
Will #5 long right ever be in play again?  I've heard tell of a pin over there and see the trees to walk across, but haven't ever seen the pin over there. 
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339