Author Topic: Earn your Green Frees.  (Read 3412 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Earn your Green Frees.
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »
#3 par 5 is always arguable.  I think our entire card got 5's on it, and we were all around it with a shot at 4....

Hopefully I can get out there soon, but I know my next few weekends are shot with Masters and GBO, so it will have to wait until May, but I promise to find some time.  Maybe we can play Big Blue on Cinco De Mayo during league together?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 04:01:42 PM »
Putting a pin placement back (is it still there?) for L5 would be a big project and hard to maintain. My main focus is making the inner course more of a go to course and beautifing  BIG Blue for the big arms and Tournaments. Jack, I will be there for the May 5th league night.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 09:56:51 AM »
L5 is a tough one for certain.  The maintenance of it was always a subject that until it connects with the field opening across the west would be tough.

I love the energy and ideas you got flowing through!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »
L5 is a tough one for certain.  The maintenance of it was always a subject that until it connects with the field opening across the west would be tough.

I love the energy and ideas you got flowing through!

Is the pin still there, Jack?  After seeing the work that has been done on the rest of the course, I would doubt that cleaning up L5 for the Wide Open would be all that tough considering the work that's been done on 11 (LOOKS FANTASTIC DOWN THERE).  If the pin placement is still there and it is an accessible pin for one weekend, I don't see why we couldn't clean it up even if it is the only weekend that the placement is used all year.  In the three years I've been playing disc golf in KC I've always wondered about that long placement.  Granted, I like having short 5 as a deuce opportunity more often than not.  But, why not stretch it for the weekend that the big boys are here?  90% of them will deuce that short placement and it becomes somewhat of a dull hole for them as it is just an easy hyzer.  I haven't been able to attend the work days thus far out there, but if the pin is still there and I get the go ahead, I'm sure I can round up some east siders with weed eaters to clean the area for the Wide Open.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 10:12:04 AM »
I will ask P&R if they can mow L5. S5 would be a good placement for the short course.
I like BIG putts.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2014, 10:16:23 AM »
I will ask P&R if they can mow L5. S5 would be a good placement for the short course.

Yes!  By all means, leave it in the short for the normal short course.  I'm just speaking towards the KCWO and having another hole that the pros probably haven't played in awhile (in addition to L7 which it sounds like we'll be using).  I don't want to step on toes if the holes have already been established for the KCWO, just a thought.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2014, 10:37:08 AM »
E-mail sent, we'll see what they say.
I like BIG putts.

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2014, 12:01:56 PM »
P&R says that they all ready have a signed contract for mowing the park and the field for L5 is not on the list, so maybe next year.
I like BIG putts.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2014, 12:48:30 PM »
What if volunteers did it?  Does it have to be something the contracted mowers do?
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2014, 01:40:06 PM »
the problem is that if we mow it, it won't get kept.  Then it goes to the wayside.  Spending that much time on one hole to have it vanish doesn't make much sense when there is more to be done.

Getting the long #7 that hasn't been used in quite some time is a much more plausible effort of energy for certain.  That will require more effort for sure.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
I may have not just spent enough time looking back there to understand how much work is needed to make that placement playable.  I was only looking to use it for the weekend of the wide open.  I understand that it will take a lot of effort to be kept up and I wasn't asking for that.  I just wanted to know if the pin was still in the ground and if it was plausible for us to use that placement for one weekend. 
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »
it doesn't make that much sense unfortunately to work on a hole that can't be maintained.  Once we get the rest of the course aligned and in good shape, then moving to the extra areas make sense.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »
It really would need to be mowed, it is way overgrown, and would take forever to do with a weedeater. I will talk with some higherups about putting this on the list to get mowed again (starting next year). Like Jack said, L7 would be a much better use of time - and really pretty easy to do.
I want to put a basket in the other end of L11's valley to be used as Short 13's pin placement, as it is all cleared out and ready to go. I think that valley, with all of the rock ledges, is the coolest of the whole park.
I like BIG putts.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
Agreed, it's a really a good spot.  No worries on L5, was just something I've always wondered about and is something I'd like to see playable again.  In the meantime, I'll take the deuce opportunity!   :o
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2014, 11:43:36 PM »
Workday this Sat. 5/3 9:00 a.m. We will be working on Looong 7. Yeah, I'm talking to you!
I like BIG putts.