Author Topic: Earn your Green Frees.  (Read 3560 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Earn your Green Frees.
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2014, 02:40:03 PM »
Workday this Sat. 5/3 9:00 a.m. We will be working on Looong 7. Yeah, I'm talking to you!

I was out of town this weekend.  How did the workday go?  Did you guys move the basket to the long?!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2014, 02:55:55 PM »
Between the GBO and Swope Spring renewal everybody was busy golfing. I did pick up some trash and check out how the park is being mowed. I decided to put Long 7 on the maybe next year list - as it is not being mowed under the current contract.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 04:21:29 PM »
sad, but makes sense.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »
Wide Open Work Day - First Saturday of June 7 and also the following weekend June 14. OB lines need to be painted, inner course baskets need to be pulled, circles need to be painted around the baskets, and all the other normal stuff such as picking up trash/ branches from the fairways. P&R is going to come through and get most of the remaining brush piles removed and possibly remove the downed tree from #5. I've been replacing flowers, etc. in the planters at #1's parking lot. BV is going to look sweet for the WO - come out and help.
I like BIG putts.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
So cool!  Thanks Doug!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 04:36:32 PM »
I wanted to put out a reminder to all east side do-gooders there will be a Wide Open Workday next Saturday and then again the following  Saturday. These days will be the last chance to help Blue Valley look its best for the WO. Saturday June 7th - nine to noon - be there or be square!
I like BIG putts.

BenC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2014, 07:57:28 AM »
Tomorrow, come on out and give some back.  As an added bonus you can heckle the other team during the Team Challenge.  Not too much though, both rosters are filled with people that have put in lots of hours volunteering on our courses. Coincidence?

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2014, 08:45:42 AM »
Tomorrow is going to be a wet one!  I am in a wedding tomorrow, but will do my best to come out and work next Saturday.  I presume Blue Valley will need more volunteers than Swope.  After playing Swope on Tuesday, I can tell that it is already in magnificent shape and I heard it has had a fresh mow.  I'm hopeful that all courses being used in the Wide Open will have had a fresh mow prior to Wide Open. 

What will be done next Saturday at Blue Valley.  I've got a pretty good trimmer that I can bring along, but want to make sure I bring what is needed.  Please provide the rundown on what yet needs to be done.  Thanks!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2014, 07:30:10 AM »
I would say a trimmer and a lopper would be essential tools. I would like to walk the fairways and continue to clean the fairway trees of saplings, empty trash bins, pick up trash and remove downed branches. See ya out there.
I like BIG putts.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »
What time are we looking at for Saturday?  Weather looks like it should cooperate.  I'd like to get a round in either before or after the workday so trying to plan ahead.  What is the rundown of what's left to do?  Just the items you mentioned in the last post? 
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
I'd like to play a round and pick up any trash as we play. As far as what I would like to do at this workday- we need to remove the remaining inner course baskets, empty trash bins, weed eat fairway trees, trim any low hanging branches - generally just  course beautification. If we worked from say 9 - 11 or 12 that should leave time to play a rd. + there is non workday stuff that needs to be done like painting the OB lines on the streets/sidewalk, painting the 3 meter lines around the baskets, hanging the mando sign, and cleaning up the water park/parking lot. Plenty of stuff to do if anybody wants to come help - please do! Come help and the club will buy your lunch.
I like BIG putts.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2014, 02:14:27 PM »
You may want to paint 10 meter lines around the baskets  ::)

I'll likely be there early to get a round of out the way and then do the workday.  I can pick up trash on the course as I go and get a feel for what holes need most work as far as weedeating is concerned.  I'll also bring a few handsaws for the low hanging branches. 
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

showmeDoug

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
When are you going out to play, I could meet you out there.
I like BIG putts.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2014, 08:05:24 AM »
I'll probably be there between 7 and 7:30 but closer to 7.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2014, 08:11:27 AM »
Yes, Please 10 meters, not three :)
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer