Author Topic: Cave Golf  (Read 524 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Cave Golf
« on: December 16, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
Out of curiosity, how come we haven't ever explored the option of a cave course in Kansas City like the Crystal City course in STL?  Surely there is more cave space in KCMO than there is in STL (although I admittedly don't know for sure).  Do we know what it cost or took STL to get that under way?  Does anyone know if we have any similar options or places available here that we could explore that?  KC Disc Golf seems to taper off in the winter months with the exception of a few glow leagues and two weekend leagues.  Clearly the sun plays a major role in that, but a cave course would give us more options.

Thoughts?  Discussion? Go!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cave Golf
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:25:43 AM »
always thought we should have one here in kc be the cave owners are for profit and I highly doubt they'd offer up space at no cost.  Love the idea but we'd have to find a private owner like crystal city.  anyone have a cave we can borrow?   :o

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »
I'm almost positive they could charge a fee to play.  I'm pretty sure they charge a fee in St. Louis.  I've heard they even have a concession stand at the entrance so you can purchase beverages, snacks, etc.  I know it has been a topic of discussion lately as far as pay to play courses are concerned.  But I really do think that if you build it, they will come.  Cave golf is so unique that I'm almost positive people would come ready to pay and play.  How has it fared in STL?  Jamie seems to keep track of STL golf quite a bit, can you comment?
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »
http://www.crystalcityunderground.com/
 call before you go<tom or Kathy Kerr>, no events I know of soon there, everybody is learning logan chiropractic course which is the newest "must play" stl course and is closer to kc then you think. sometimes travelling laker league plays cave golf. me - I prefer wind trees and grass
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:54:12 AM by jamidanger »
espouse elucidation

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »
Smells like exhaust in those things.  You'd have to secure one that does not have rigs and delivery trucks barreling through it all day.

I do agree it would be a fantastic idea and asset to the disco golf community.  Does anyone know the Hunt family or if they play?
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

"Put lots of torque on the Anal-hyzer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »
I want to golf in this cave:

KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj